Christine M.||Gnocchi with Sausage & Spinach|
Apr 15, 2012 at 6:19 pm |
(recipe adapted from my recipes.com)
1 T olive oil
1 lb Italian sausage, casings removed
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 lb. gnocchi
5-6 oz. bag fresh baby spinach
salt & pepper to taste
1/4 c parmesan cheese (grated)
1. Prepare gnocchi according to package directions.
2. Drain pasta reserving 1/4 cup of the pasta liquid.
3. Keep drained pasta warm in a bowl.
4. While gnocchi is cooking, heat the oil in a skillet. Add the sausage and cook until browned.
5. Add the garlic, spinach, salt, and pepper and cook, tossing frequently, until the spinach wilts, about 3 minutes.
6. Add gnocchi, reserved cooking liquid, and parmesan cheese, and toss.
7. Serve in individual bowls, sprinkling with additional parmesan cheese.